Now to present day: As a teacher if students ask me to come watch them at a certain sport, no matter if it football, to choir I try to go. I have this one (now former) student who rodeos and he has asked me several times if I will come and watch him ride bulls. Since I love going to rodeos I said I would come to this particular one.
Getting back to my story, team roping came up and they announced the next team and I said, oh my goodness, that is ******* and good heavens is that his son. There is no way that can be his son. (This was that other friend that I was talking about at the beginning of this post!!)
This kid looks like he is 16/17 years old. Then I proceed to tell Paul that I know them, and I think that is this guys son, but I don't think it could be.
Paul's only response, Stephanie, it could be him, remember you really are starting to get OLD....Seriously...I have to explain the last picture, the clown would say put your hands up and cheer for the cowboys and Fallon would put her hands up like she was on a roller-coaster, it was so funny!!!
My friend Nitishia barrel raced last night also and she let the kids ride her horse. I truly do miss my rodeo family....They are the best!!!






1 comment:
Don't you love those moments when you realize age is creeping up on you? I remember going to basketball games when my boys started high school and thinking "my kids are playing the kids of people I went to school with!" That makes you feel old.
Post a Comment