Sunday, December 27, 2009

What A Day...

It has been a crazy 24 hours, and truly that is an understatement. I went shopping all day yesterday with my besties Mandy and Laura (which was a blast)!! We got home about 9:30 or so last night and then the call came, 'your sister Katie is in the ER.' (Let me back up a little, Katie is the sister that got married this past May and soon after found out she was pregnant, she is having a honeymoon baby. The baby is due February 26.) Considering she lives 4 hours from me there was nothing I really could do. Then the next call came about an hour later, 'the hospital is rushing her to Little Rock.' Well LR is about an hour and 15 minutes from me. LR is where the main state hospitals are and that is where you want to be sent when something bad happens. The doctors still didn't really know what was going on and I kept debating whether to head to LR or not. My final text was a 2 am and Katie said they were letting her sleep and finish all the test in the morning so I headed to bed. By 7 am I got the text saying they were going to keep her and at that point Fallon and I got ready and headed toward central Arkansas.

This is Katie and this will probably how she is going to be till she delivers. She is battling high blood pressure and gal stones. That is all they know right now, they are going to run more test at noon tomorrow and depending on the results will depend whether we get to meet Lillie Kate this week or we actually get to wait closer to the due date. Katie's last ultra-sound Lillie weighed 2 pounds and that was 3 weeks ago, she would be little and have to stay at Children's for awhile. Would you please say a little prayer for her, right now she and her husband really need prayers.

(With everything that has happened I am going to delay the giveaway, I didn't have time to get it together. I am so sorry, I will make it up to you when I open the giveaway by adding something to it!!)

Now I am off to bed to sleep for a day or two, unless I get the call saying Lillie Kate is on her way...

6 comments:

Kristin said...

I am praying for your sister and for Lillie Kate! I have a Lily Paige :) I hope that she will stay in there for a few more weeks! Whatever happens, I know that God is in control and has it all planned out.

Jenilee said...

I am so sorry... I'll be praying for your sister and watching here for updates.

Veronica said...

Steph, I will most definitely keep your sister and baby niece in my prayers! Just like Kristin said, we know that God is in control!

Sending love and prayers your way!

JHalmes said...

Stephanie I will definitely be praying for your sister and the little one. I know how stressful this must be for her and you all.

Anonymous said...

Very sad to hear this. I don't wish it on anyone! God Bless you and your family and my prayers are with you all!

Kristin said...

Hey Steph! You won my book giveaway! Please send me your address and I'll get the book out to you :)