I find it funny that now that I have a blog and facebook I seem to have my camera around more and taking pictures of things I wouldn't normally take pictures of. So yesterday we went to Northwest Ark to just get away for a day and knowing it was supposed to snow in the morning but we were not aware that the "snow storm" was going to wrap back around north Ark. So we got hit with it again yesterday while we were up there. This was the result of the day happenings. I started taking pictures of the the "outside temp" in my car, so starting at 11:06 it was 36 degrees in Alma then at 12:21 it was 27 as we were going up the mountain, then at 4:22 it was 25, then it was 23 degrees at 4:55. It was fine while we were up there and Paul and I got to go shopping and then we ate at Red Lobster (that was awesome). Then when we got back to pick up the kids from Nana's house we checked road conditions because the snow was getting worse and it said the roads were starting to get icy. So we headed back and passed several wrecks and one fatality. Here are some of the pictures I took.
This was the picture from 4:55 at 23 degrees!!
This was the golf course in Springdale (I think)
This is when we were leaving Fayetteville and what the roads where starting to look like!
This was the "bad" accident that we came up on.
There was at least 4 miles of traffic backed up, we were so happy were not behind this.
We slid once on the way home, but it was not bad and we were so thankful we did make it ok. That was the longest it has ever taken to get home, but that is OK because we made it home OK!! Hope everyone has a good week. I am really trying to post more often.
Congrats to Jeff and Sterling, they were married yesterday in Texas!! Sorry we couldn't make it!!





No comments:
Post a Comment