Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Putting it all out there.....

This is one of the hardest post I have ever done. It is all about me and it is a subject about me that I avoid and don't like to talk about and don't like for people to call me out on. In the last probably 4 or 5 years my weight has steadily been increasing. When I look in the mirror I still see my old self and I think that resulted in making the situation worse. I was very athletic growing up and once I had Kale that all came to a halt. And my weight shot straight up. It wasn't till this past May, I was at my sister's wedding and there was some family there that I hadn't seen in years and they didn't even recognize me because I had gained so much weight. That hurt more than anything, even more than when the person who gave birth to me said I was no longer her daughter. It has taken several months and several months of soul searching and talking with my really really good friends, Watkins and Baskin, that we have decided to kick each others butt and get each other back into fighting shape. One way I am holding myself accountable for it is to create another blog that I will journal in everyday and if you would like to join this ride with me, I would love to have you and even some encouraging words every now and then would be great!

Here is the link and I will make the blog more pretty when I have time and find something I like.


3 comments:

mwatkins said...

So proud of ya!!!! I'll be here kickin' ya butt the whole way.

Veronica said...

I'm so proud of you! I can totally relate in that I just have the hardest time making my health a priority. I will be sure to follow along with your new blog and I'll be praying that you'll be successful in this new journey!

He & Me + 3 said...

I can relate too. Good for you starting up a new blog to stay accountable.