Thursday, July 30, 2009

Doctor Visit...

Sorry for taking so long to post about how my doctors visit went. (I am in the middle of getting my masters and that keeps me tied up most of the time.) All right, there IS something that can be done for my neck and the unbelievable pain that I am in, YEA. Doesn't mean it is going to be an easy road. I met with Dr. S, a Neurologist/Neurosurgeon and he was very knowledgeable and I am really glad I was referred to him by my family doctor!! He went through some test on me and I actually learned a lot because there was a med student in there so he was explaining everything to her!! He gave me 2 options, first is to go ahead and have surgery and just fix it OR try the epidural steroid shots and be on nerve meds for 6 weeks and if that works, great, and if not then he would go ahead and schedule the surgery. I was first leaning toward the surgery, I just want this all over with, but I will be down about a month and since it is about time for me to go back to work, it was a conflict. So I have decided to do the shots and meds. If they work then great!! If not, I am trying to by my time till around Christmas break, where I only have to take 2 weeks off of work and we already get 2 weeks off of school for Christmas break. I will get my first shot on August 11, (the day before I go back to work!) so hopefully I will start feeling somewhat better!! I hope this all makes sense!!!

A post with no pictures, I think this is a first!! Will post pictures soon to make up for a post with no pictures!!!!

3 comments:

JHalmes said...

Glad to hear you have some possible relief in sight. I will keep you in my prayers. I know how busy you are and how frustrating is is when you just CAN'T be all you want!

Veronica said...

Gosh that's lousy that you've been in so much pain, but I'm glad that the doctor was able to give you some solutions. I will be praying that the medicine works!

Kristin said...

I hope that the treatments work well and you won't have to have surgery!