I woke up this morning as a woman on a mission, I wanted to get tons accomplished. I got up and did most of my homework to finish out my summer term of school!!! Then I got side tracked reading Pioneer Woman's blog, I have never been so engulfed in a blog. I was raised on a ranch with all the animals and we would make the occasional (well more like every weekend) rodeo. When I read her blog it feels like I am there, at their real working cattle ranch, I just love her blog, and did I mention she has the best giveaways ever, like the other day she gave away a Nikon D60 (I am pretty sure that was the model) but you get the point. I also love her recipe blog Tasty Kitchen, which I got one of the recipes from for dinner tonight, you will see below!! Alright, after I got side tracked, I eventually got back to my busy day. I started marinated a pork loin for dinner. To kinda fast forward a little bit, here is the end result of the pork loin, it was so good and so tender we could cut it with a fork!! You want the recipe, click here, it is so easy!!
Then I decided I wanted some bake beans, after all we are grilling pork loin, so I went over to the Tasty Kitchen blog and found this recipe for Crock Pot Bake Beans, and let me tell you, I could have eaten this as a meal, it was sooooo good!! Do you want this recipe? If so click here, I highly recommend this one!!!
(Sorry, this is NOT the best picture, I took it after I put the leftovers in the fridge.)
The Recipe:
2 cans of green beans (drained)
Uncooked bacon (cut into small pieces)
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
Garlic salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Melt butter, add brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Put green beans in baking dish with bacon. Pour butter mixture over beans, cook at 375 degrees for 45 minutes covered. Take lid off and cook another 5-10 minutes longer. OHH it is soooo good!!
Then you can't have a southern meal without the sweet tea!! A favorite around my house!!
Then for dessert, Chocolate Chess Pie!! You want this recipe? Click here, this is really good with ice cream or cool whip!!

I am really not sure why I went through the events of my day today, but I most importantly wanted to share those recipes. I really like finding ones I like and sharing with people across the US for it maybe something very new to them!!! But I do think, I will hang up the super mom cape up for a day or two, recoup, and put it back on to get my house clean before I go back to work next week!!! Till next time, Enjoy!!
*The last couple of days really has been a turn around for me and I am starting to feel about 90% better, I know in my last post I stated I would rather snack and I do, but my meal tonight for was for my husband as a big Thank You.*





3 comments:
Super mom indeed!!! That meal looked incredible. I'm definitely gonna try that pork loin recipe.
Wow! You did get a lot done! I laughed out loud when I saw your pile of laundry on the couch. That picture looked exactly like my laundry on my couch too!
All of the recipes sound good, but I have a dumb question for you. I know that sweet tea is definitely a southern thing. How does one actually make sweet tea? Don't laugh at me, but I have no clue how to make it. Maybe you can fill me in. :)
After eating all that I need the 30 minute workout! 10 minute would just get me started! LOL
Post a Comment